All business is looking for efficiency- ways of ensuring continuous improvement, and innovation in information management for both employee and customers. Today SharePoint and Office fulfil many of our productivity and innovation needs and provide a platform to build on for collaboration and knowledge management.
The new user group with a focus on business issues of SharePoint projects, specifically for content publishers, content owners and content creators. MBUG will engage with SharePoint power users in organisations. ie knowledge managers, intranet managers, community managers business managers etc.
MBUG will allow business conversation for essential topics like:
- Governance – Who owns what – how do we avoid SharePoint Sprawl
- User Adoption – we have it but nobody is using it!
- How to get the best design and user experience for your SharePoint Portal
- Information Management and Taxonomies, how do you make sure your content is easy to find and label
- Collaboration, what are the best ways to use collaboration to improve knowledge, learning and productivity?
- Why upgrade to 2010?
- How do I take advantage of social networking benefits within the enterprise?
- Content Management- what are the best ways to manage content
- Workflow and Business Process – how to use SharePoint to automate business processes
- Business Intelligence – What are the benefits of using SharePoint for BI
- The Extranet – How can I extend the solution for the my clients and partners
- The Committee currently consist of:
- Treasury – Pitcher Partners
- President – Rita Arrigo Oakton Technology Consulting
- Vice President- Ed Richard e-Agility
- Committee Member: Suzy Lee Business Consultant
- Committee Member: Sharon Brennan
- Portal Manager: Janhavi Anturkar
- Social Media Specialist Apply Now
Our website will allow for different levels of Membership, currently Guest and Committee Member. In future we will extend to professional member.